Decisions, questions, expectations
Investors are really decision-makers, or they should be. Over the long term, the quality of your decisions, both buying and selling, timing and sizing, is likely to determine the quality of your investment outcomes. Sure, technical skills matter too, but these are usually a given.
As an investor, you often have some tough decisions to ponder: How can I generate the returns I need? Where are the attractive investment opportunities in today’s world? What are the key investment risks looming on the horizon, and how should I position? How can I assess and manage the carbon and social impact of my portfolio?
In this edition of Vista, we give you eight articles designed to provide food for thought for these exact key questions.
Who's Vista for?
Vista is for anyone thinking about the challenges and approaches to long-term investing, including investment teams and decision-makers at pension funds, wealth managers, endowments, charities and sovereign funds.
Some highlights from our magazine include:
- Nikki Matthews addresses the decision-making dynamics that investors often face, building on the idea of 'groupthink' we’ve previously discussed.
- James Baldwin and Kyle Martin provide perspectives on opportunities in infrastructure investing, which looks set to be a big theme this year.
- Jennifer Davidson looks at how investors might want to re-boot bond portfolios.
- Madeline Chelper updates us on another pressing risk: corporate bond defaults; these haven’t materialised as predicted last year but what does the future hold?
- Matt Gibson and Dan Mikulskis take on a much talked-about risk: inflation, assessing arguments for and against, and discussing what investors could do.
- Jacob Stevens describes a framework we are using with clients to reduce the carbon emissions from bond portfolios.
How we can help
We help central banks design and implement investment strategies to get the most out of their reserves in a risk-controlled manner.
We help charities and endowments construct investment strategies and pick the right investment funds to both meet their financial objectives and be aligned with their missions.
We help our clients to maintain a competitive edge by improving their investment strategies, generating extra returns in a risk-controlled way.
Our investment team works with trustees of DB and DC schemes to set bespoke investment strategies and select fund managers. Using our market-leading technology, we help you navigate your journey by providing you with clear, actionable insights which enable you to make better short and long-term investment decisions.
Setting a good investment strategy and picking the right funds is fundamental for wealth managers and advisers to be able to deliver better outcomes for their clients. Our role is to advise clients on investment strategy and fund manager selection bringing institutional discipline to the retail market.
Every sovereign wealth fund has its own unique circumstances and challenges. As an independent consultancy, we’re not linked to any asset manager and we don’t sell investment products.