4 January 2023
Here, they share their key predictions for 2023 and discuss how this might impact schemes that are considering insurance through a buy-in, buy-out or longevity swap.
LCP’s top five predictions for 2023
- Buy-in/out volumes will reach a new record this year, breaking the £44 billion record set in 2019
- Pricing will continue to be attractive for schemes preparing properly, but schemes will need to work harder than before to secure active insurer participation
- There will be fewer partial buy-ins, more full buy-ins and some longevity swaps
- New innovation will help to address the illiquid asset challenges faced by some schemes ahead of insurance
- The chance of a new insurer entering the buy-in/out market is the highest for some years