20 September 2023
We’re back with a brand new season of Investment Uncut! We hope everyone had a well-earned break over the summer. Kicking off Season 5, we have a real treat for our listeners: this episode was recorded live at our inaugural Investment Conference! Hear from guests and speakers, feel the buzz and note down those key takeaways…
We also introduce our new co-host, Jacob Shah, who will join Mary Spencer and Laasya Shekaran this season. Jacob shares a lesser known fact about himself (see under “2010” of this Wikipedia page for his claim to fame).
In this episode we hear from:
- Mirko Cardinale, Head of Investment Strategy at the University Superannuation Scheme (USS)
- Jayne Winthrop, MD at AIG Asset Management and advisor to the investment committee for Independent Age
- Selina Pattyranie, Senior Manager ESG Strategy and Pension Fund Trustee at T. Rowe Price
- Vinny Ehzuvan, CEO for BA Pensions
- Madison Reamsbottom, Head of Membership at UK Sustainable Investment & Finance Association
- Shalin Bhagwan, Chief Actuary at the Pension Protection Fund
And many of the speakers from our conference. Find the full agenda here for an overview of the topics covered.
Key takeaways from our guests:
- Be more intentional about asset allocation
- Energy and health can be considered standalone asset classes, with an opportunity to invest for attractive returns and the good of society
- “Don’t despair, act”
- Productivity is key to addressing the challenges currently seen in the UK
If you didn’t make it this year, do not fear – we hope to see you next year!
How to access our podcasts
You can access all our podcasts across all major audio platforms via computer or devices.
Each LCP investment uncut podcast is for information and marketing purposes only and does not constitute any form of investment or financial advice or a financial promotion (under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000). All views expressed by the podcast hosts and guests are purely their own opinions and do not represent those of LCP, its clients or affiliates. Our podcast listeners should always seek independent financial or legal advice before making any financial or investment decisions. Please refer to the Legal Notices section on the LCP website for further information.